CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Alex Guarnaschelli's Garlic Bread


I found this recipe in a magazine (People I think) while I was at work. It looked so good I made a copy and tried it. I took it to a party and everyone devoured it! It's a little spicy so I made a regular garlic bread for the kids, but this is a great alternative to regular garlic bread.

1 whole head garlic, plus 3 cloves peeled
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 tbsp softened butter
1 large loaf italian bread
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried chili flakes (optional, I added them)
1/2 tsp salt

Split the whole garlic in half horizontally, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 until soft about 40 minutes.

Cut bread in half lengthwise

Finely mince 3 raw garlic cloves and combine with butter and remaining olive oil. spread evenly over bread and sprinkle with oregano, paprika, chili flakes and salt.

Squeeze roasted garlic cloves from their skins and spread evenly over the bread. Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight. ( I did over night, I also did it a couple hours before we were going to eat and it was just as good. I guess the longer the better, but I would say at least 2 hours)

Preheat oven to 350. Bake bread in foil until hot, 25-30 minutes. Slice and serve hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment